Doctoral Student in Clinical Psychology, dual Psy.D program Petaluma, CA
Meridian University December 2027
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Honors
California Southern University Costa Mesa, CA
GPA 3.93 2014 – 2021
Relevant Coursework: Fundamentals of Research Methodology, Intercultural Psychology, Foundations of Addiction, Marriage and Family, Cognition and the Brain, Ethical and Professional Issues.
Dr. Dorie EDIT™ Certification Apprenticeship Los Angeles, CA
Level IV Certification Eating Disorder Specialist, Track B, Recovery Coach June 2021
- Learned how to work with eating disordered clients individually and in a group setting.
- Collaborated with dietitians, physicians, and psychologists to reach client’s recovery goal.
- Followed an evidenced-based, Intuitive Therapy approach with clients, helping them to reconnect to their bodies in the “here and now.”
Angels Creation Reproductive Center Irvine, CA
Case Manager 2019 – 2020
- Recruited and governed surrogates and egg donors before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Organized medical records, transported surrogates to their doctor’s appointments, handled all communications with their lawyers, and was on call 24/7.
- Proficient with CRM and Seed Trust, file management, escrow, and more.
Eating Disorder Hope Los Angeles, CA
Business Development Consultant 2018 – 2019
- Updated strategies for existing treatment center accounts to generate sales.
- Developed and prepared presentations for prospective mental health treatment centers.
California State Assembly Los Angeles, CA
Legislative Editor 2017
- Edited California Assembly Bill 1576: Modeling agencies: licensure: models: employees.
- Added sections on sexual harassment training.
New York State Assembly Albany, NY
Legislative Advocate 2017
- Campaigned for the passing of the Child Victims Act, which would have extended or eliminated the window for victims of child sexual abuse.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Expert Reviewer for STRIPED Program 2016
- Assisted in crafting the fall 2016 student and teaching lessons, with an emphasis on modeling, legislation, and eating disorders.
California State Assembly Sacramento, CA
Legislative Advocate 2016
- Worked alongside Assemblymember Marc Levine and other prominent community members to push the passing of Assembly Bill 2539, which addressed the need for workplace protections and health standards in the modeling industry.
Gabrielle d’Ayr, Catherine Eichhorn, Nikki DuBose, et al., Yes in my LA! A Guide to Supportive Housing. League of Women Voters Los Angeles, 2018.
Nikki DuBose & James Johanson. Dans l’enfer du Mannequinat: Une Industrie Que Detruit. Editions du Rocher, 2018.
Becky Norwood, Edna J. White, Nikki DuBose, et al., We Choose to Thrive: Our Voices Rise in Unison to Share with Abuse Survivors a Message of Hope and Inspiration for Healing. MBK Enterprises, LLC., 2017.
Nikki DuBose & James Johanson. Washed Away: From Darkness to Light. Outskirts Press, 2016.
Addiction in the Modeling Field.
Eating Disorder Hope’s Inaugural Online Conference. January 24, 2018.
- Modeling, Eating Disorders, Substance Abuse.
My Eating Disorder & Addiction Recovery Story.
Eating Disorder Hope’s Virtual Hope for Eating Disorder Recovery. December 27, 2017.
- My personal eating disorder and addiction recovery story.
- I also discussed my mental health memoir (in French).
Nikki DuBose on her Addiction and Eating Disorder Recovery.
Eastern University’s Online Class for MFT Students. March 27, 2017.
- Eating disorders, trauma, and self-injury.
Who Am I? Washed Away: From Darkness to Light.
CSU San Marcos National Eating Disorder’s Awareness Week. February 25, 2016.
- Personal account of recovery from trauma, addiction, and mental health issues in the modeling industry.
Globalization of Beauty.
CSU San Marcos Panel Discussion. March 13, 2016.
- Panel talks with students about the documentary, The Illusionists, and how multi-billion dollar industries prey on the insecurities of consumers to sell products.
- Eating disorders, body image, and body dysmorphic disorder.
A Day of Education and Healing Through Art for Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse.
Project HEAL/Peaceful Hearts Foundation/UCLA Active Minds Event. January 23, 2016.
- Eating disorders and child sexual abuse.
- Interactive art therapy event for attendees.
Nikki DuBose’s Recovery Story.
“Dream Big” Event with Jenni Schaefer and Montecatini. January 21, 2016.
- Shared on my recovery from mental health issues at an eating disorder treatment center.
Volunteer & Charitable Work
Ambassador, Patrice’s Kids (2020)
Ambassador, The Shaw Mind Foundation (2016-2018)
Director & Co-Chair of Mental Health Board, League of Women Voters of Los Angeles (2017)
Homelessness Committee, League of Women Voters of Los Angeles (2017)
Legislative Interviewer, League of Women Voters of Los Angeles (2017)
Community Policing Committee, League of Women Voters of Los Angeles (2017)
Executive Board Member & President, Peaceful Hearts Foundation (2015-2017)
Captain of the Artist’s Initiative, National Eating Disorders Association (2014-2017)
Conference Volunteer, National Eating Disorders Association (2013-2017)
Executive Board Member, Project HEAL (2015-2016)
Host Committee, Project HEAL (2015-2016)
Life Skills Mentor, Union Rescue Mission: piloted art therapy program for homeless kids (2014)
#NEDAwareness Week Advocate, National Eating Disorders Association (2013-2014)
Relief Response, God’s Love We Deliver (2012-2013)
Academy for Eating Disorders
The American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
National Alliance on Mental Illness
International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy
Association for Psychological Science
Society for Police and Criminal Psychology
RAINN Speakers Bureau
Licenses & Certifications
Co-Occurring Disorders Certification
Issued June 2021 – Expires June 2023
Credential ID CD-1451
EDIT (Eating Disorder Specialist) Certification
Levels I, II, III, IV
Path B, Recovery Coach
(In Progress) June 2021
Psychological First Aid Certification
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
(In Progress) June 2021
Honors & Awards
Member, Honors Society (2021)
Recipient of Eating Disorder Hope’s Seal of Excellence Award (2017)